This event is a 3-day tournament played at Bell Bank Park- January 14, 15, & 16th.
Located at: 1 Legacy Dr, Mesa, AZ 85212.
There are hundreds of teams of all age participating. We cannot always know if there will be an AM or PM wave each day, so it is important to leave the whole day available for this reason.
This is an AAU tournament, so an AAU membership is required. Some of us have already purchased this membership. If not, please click the link to register
players ONLY (Cost $14):
Club Code: W386W9
7 Match Guaranteed (depends on number of teams entered)
o 3- Saturday pool play (4pm Start)
o 3- Sunday pool play (9am Start)
o 1- Monday Bracket play (no later than 6pm)
● Hosted by Legacy Sports USA @ Bell Bank Park.
● Waves will be pending until we have registration in.
● Two days of Pool Play, followed by Monday single-elimination brackets.
● Every effort will be made to not start a match later than 3pm Monday, January 16th.
● This is an AAU Grand Prix event.
● All Age Division winners get their entry fee to AAU Nationals (Orlando) or The Volleyball Festival Championships (Phoenix) paid for.
● Winning does not guarantee a spot in AAU Nationals or The Volleyball Festival Championships.
Teams must still register online for either event.
● AAU Medals awarded to 1st/2nd in Gold Divisions, 1st in Bronze Divisions, and 1st in Copper Divisions.
Event Policy/Spectator Fee
● Advance tickets for Spectator fee will be coming soon. Single day and multiple day fees will be available.
● No spectator capacity limits are planned.
● All participants and spectators must adhere to the current Health & Safety protocols in place at the time of the Event
PROHIBITED ITEMS AT THE PARK
● No outside food or beverages unless for medical purposes.
● Athlete water bottles allowed.
● No cases of water, bulk food items or coolers.
● A wide variety of food and beverage options available onsite including options to accommodate fans with allergies, intolerances, restrictions or religious requirements.
● No firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind.
● No self-defense or restraining devices (e.g., pepper spray, mace)
● No marijuana (including marijuana enriched products) or any illegal substance.
● No gum, sunflower seeds, nuts with shells or tobacco products.
● No fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects, smoke machines or fog machines.
● No glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars), except at Bell Bank Park designated areas.
● No horns, whistles, large megaphones or artificial noisemakers.
● No recreational devices such as drones, remote-control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built in wheels.
● No strollers greater than 31” (79cm) in width and 52” (132cm) in length.
● No wagons indoors. Stroller wagons allowed in outdoor field complexes.
● No wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36″ (92
cm) in width and 52″ (132 cm) in length
● No suitcases, bags, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high (61 cm x 38
cm x 46 cm). Ok for outdoor venues.
● No loose or dry ice is not permitted in these containers. Reusable ice packs are recommended,
● No wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted. Devices must bemanually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36″ (92
The SCVA Boys Invitational January 21 and 22nd. Play will be held at Momentous Sports Center Address: 14522 Myford Rd, Irvine, CA 92606.
There are hundreds of teams of all ages participating. We cannot always know
if there will be an AM or PM wave each day, so it is important to leave the whole day available for this reason.
We will always post the most up-to-date information about our games in the GroupMe App as soon as we receive it. The first day will have pool play, if we do very well, we may have more playoff games that day.
This tournament is not a stay to play tournament. It is one of the reasons we selected this tournament.
Your family with your son may stay wherever you would like. It could be an Airbnb or nearby Hotel.
Arrive Friday Afternoon/Evening and check out Sunday Morning when leaving for the last day of tournament and go home when over.
If you will not be accompanying your son, they must be staying where the coaches are staying. You can book 4 boys per room (2 queen size beds) the cost of the room can then be shared between parents.
Please inform your coaches that your son will not be traveling with you. Some teams are talking about renting a van and driving together. This will be done on an individual team basis and at parents’ expense
(fundraising is permitted and please let us know how we can help).
Coaches will be staying at:
La Quinta by Wyndham Orange County Airport
2721 Hotel Terrace
Santa Ana CA 97205
This Hotel is only 10 minutes from the Sporting Facility. Breakfast is included!
Booking.com seemed to have the best rates, but an outside booking agency has a whole different set of issues. Please book rooms as soon as possible. Lots of travel and tournaments happening around this time in this city so rooms are going to go fast.
Other possible hotels:
Sonesta Simply Suites Irvine Spectrum
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North Sonesta Irvine
We would love for each team to do a team dinner, so plan for this. Coaches and parents will coordinate a day and time that fits within the team's play schedule.
The club requires that players arrive 1 hour prior to starting so we can check in as a team and be ready to play. You’ll need time to deal with parking, entry, finding your court, getting your shoes on, warming up/stretching and getting the download from your coach for the day. Even if you ref, or are off for the first match, it’s critical to be prepared to play in case a team does not show up. You can assume each match lasts around an hour. In the “off” time, teams are expected to stay together, play games, and enjoy each other’s company. Remember that tournament time is “team-time”, and please encourage your player to stay with the team. Families are not permitted to take players off the premises during breaks.
All days start with “pool play” format. Your team will be placed in a group or “pool” 4 (typical) or 5 teamsand will play each of those teams during the day in a specific, predetermined order that includes reffing, sitting and playing. Start times will be shared through GroupMe App.
It is possible that your tournament will include playoffs after pool play. Check with your coach to find out the complete schedule for the day.
All play will be the best 2 out of 3 “sets”, with 25 points rally scoring in sets 1 and 2. The
winning team must achieve a 2-point advantage; no cap will be used. If necessary, the
deciding set will be rally score to 15 points win by two, no cap.
In the case of a tie, pool position will be determined by the following formula:
1. 2-way tie: broken head-to-head
2. 3-way tie: 1) match record 2) game record 3) point ratio
3. *Note: A 3-way tie will never revert back to a 2-way tie. Percentages will be used as
described above for breaking the 3-way tie.
How does the Seeding / Flowchart Work?
You might be wondering how your team got placed where they did. They are based on their standings currently with the AZ region. Have a Fantastic Experience!!! Go Matrix
Almost all sites charge for parking (between $10-$20-Momentous is $20/day) and spectator admission costs have not been established. We will send out more info and links to pay for daily spectatoradmission as we get it. Player admission is free.
There is an on-site restaurant that closes at 9pm. They most likely will not allow outside food in.
Remember that playing time cannot be evaluated in minutes or number of points played. Volleyball is not a time-based activity, and depending upon how competitive a match is, the total number of points played can be vastly different from match to match.
Players should know their role and their position before the tournament. A meaningful role might even be coming on as a designated server and leaving the court after the service round is complete. If your child has this role, know that they are not being punished by being taken off the court after their service – this is just the whole spectrum of the role at this moment.